Vanguard Wetsuit - Male
The ZEROD VANGUARD is an advanced triathlon wetsuit featuring many unique patent pending technologies and concepts developed by the ZEROD design team, including engineered water grip panels to increase your stroke efficiency and the ‘Wrist 2 Wrist Xtend Panel’: a single panel extending from wrist to wrist for maximum flexibility and stroke reach. It is constructed of high quality ZEROD Flex 395 neoprene and has an SSS coating to reduce friction and drag, making the VANGUARD fast in the water, and thanks to the innovative ‘3 Move Out System’ it’s also fast to take off!
Neoprenes used in the VANGUARD:
- Chest / Abs / Thighs: 5mm ZEROD AirTech
- Lower Legs: 3mm ZEROD Flex 395
- Arms / Shoulders / Lats: 1.5mm ZEROD Flex 395
- Back: 3mm ZEROD Flex 395
- Coating: SSS
ZEROD wetsuits are designed and tested by a team of 3D product designers, wetsuit consultants, engineers and professional triathletes who understand that the pattern of a suit, the way it is cut and assembled, is just as important as the materials used in its construction. We know that using the best neoprenes is pointless if the suit is covered with ridges and seams, increasing drag and reducing elasticity.
This is why we’ve created a unique pattern for the arms and shoulders to ensure our slim, close-fitting wetsuits have maximum streamlining and flexibility, with blind stitching for the seams, leaving the outer surface completely smooth. Even our zips have a special hydrodynamic design, and with their special neoprene coatings our wetsuits ensure you encounter as little resistance as possible in the water.
ZEROD wetsuits are already worn by some of the world’s fastest triathletes but our target market is clear: all passionate athletes who dedicate time to their sport.
- The regulations of the International Triathlon Union (ITU) stipulate a wetsuit may not be thicker than 5mm, which limits buoyancy. To lift the body further out of the water, ZEROD has created the AIRTECH neoprene, featuring air cells that increase buoyancy by nearly 30%. This stabilises your position in the water, enabling more efficient swimming for greater speed, and is an aid to weaker swimmers.
ZEROD FLEX 395
- ZEROD Flex 395 is a high performance neoprene which is extremely flexible, enabling an effortless crawl stroke while retaining its hydrodynamic shape and close fit.
- The Super Smooth Skin neoprene coating lowers the friction of the wetsuit surface in the water, increasing your glide and enabling you to swim faster with the same effort. The SSS coating also protects the neoprene, providing durability over prolonged use.
MULTIPLE WATER GRIP PANELS
- Good swimmers not only use the hand and forearm as a traction surface, but also the back of their triceps. The VANGUARD is the first wetsuit on the market to offer multiple grip panels on the arms, designed to increase stroke efficiency.
WATER GRIP PANEL
- Striated neoprene panels run perpendicular to the water flow, designed to improve your grip in the water and make your stroke more efficient. This increases the surface area of the wetsuit in contact with water by 22.22% (for the same panel size).
WRIST 2 WRIST XTEND PANEL
- ZEROD has created a revolutionary pattern with a single neoprene panel from the left wrist to the right wrist, covering the upper chest, shoulders and arms meaning fewer seams, reduced drag and greater flexibility.
3 MOVE OUT SYSTEM
- Thanks to the special construction of the zip, ZEROD wetsuits are very fast to get out of. You can slip off the upper part of the wetsuit in just a few seconds using only three moves.
- The low collar is designed to minimise friction against the skin, allow the neck to move freely and help prevent water from entering the wetsuit.
FAST OUT ANKLES
- To enable you to step out of your wetsuit easily the ankles are cut at an angle, and we have also inserted a triangle of flexible neoprene so that you can remove your wetsuit even more quickly!
BALANCED BOUYANCY DESIGN
- Optimum buoyancy reduces the drag of your body in the water, and the flatter you are in the water, the less resistance you create. Our balanced buoyancy design encourages a ﬂat position in the water by providing different levels of buoyancy, depending how much buoyant force the different regions of the body require.
NEUTRAL ARM POSITION
- The pattern of the wetsuit, speciﬁcally the way the panels are cut and joined around the arms, is designed to ensure the least possible resistance during the arm stroke.
At Base2Race we pride ourselves in true customer satisfaction.If you would like to be fitted correctly for your wetsuit please phone ahead and Book. This will allocate sufficient time to insure some pool time to insure your happy with your fitting and with your new suit.