Fizik R5 Road Shoe 2017
The R5B is fi’zi:k’s most accessible road shoe, inheriting many of its features from the R1 and R3 models. It’s comfortable and lightweight, with a carbon-reinforced nylon outsole stiff enough for most. Many agree that it’s hard to find an Italian-made road cycling shoe that looks as sharp, at this price! The BOA closure system is new for 2015. Why use BOA?
- Glove-like fit: it provides custom comfort with smooth, even closure and no pressure points.
- Powerful closure: once locked into place, BOA reels and laces stay that way.
- Micro-adjustability: BOA reels offer seemingly infinite degrees of fine tuning.
- Quick on, quick off: BOA saves time when seconds count.
- On-the-fly adjustment: get easy, one-handed adjustment with a quick turn of the BOA dial.
- Durable: made from aircraft grade stainless steel, BOA laces are stronger per gram than tank armour.
- Lightweight: BOA closures shed water, mud and ice, shaving precious weight.
- Carbon-reinforced Nylon Outsole
- Laser-perforated Microtex upper (as used on fi’zi:k saddle covers: lighter than leather, very durable, good in wet conditions, breathable and cleans up well) with Reflective Inserts.
- BOA IP1 closure system (tri-modal: tighten, loosen and complete release)
- Neutral fit to accommodate the majority of foot shapes
- Volume: low/medium/high
- Fi’zi:k Cycling Insole
- Weight: 260g (size 43, without insole)