The R1B is the optimum in performance cycling shoe design. Comfort is not an option - it's a standard part of the package.
There is no compromise in materials, technology, design and manufacturing process, as the perfect blend is reached between stiffness, comfort and lightweight, all balanced together for the very best in fit, power transfer and aerodynamic efficiency.
Why use BOA?
- Glove-like fit: it provides custom comfort with smooth, even closure and no pressure points.
- Powerful closure: once locked into place, BOA reels and laces stay that way.
- Micro-adjustability: BOA reels offer seemingly infinite degrees of fine tuning.
- Quick on, quick off: BOA saves time when seconds count.
- On-the-fly adjustment: get easy, one-handed adjustment with a quick turn of the BOA dial.
- Durable: made from aircraft grade stainless steel, BOA laces are stronger per gram than tank armour.
- Lightweight: BOA closures shed water, mud and ice, shaving precious weight.
Adjusting the BOA dial closest to the toe will alter the fit and distributed pressure around the foot, enhancing comfort and performance.
Adjusting the BOA dial closest to the heel will alter the fit of the heel cup around the foot, increasing power transfer and maximising performance.
- Uni-Directional Carbon Fibre Outsole (very stiff!), vented to improve its aerodynamics
- Replaceable heel skid plate (bolt-on design)
- Laser-perforated Microtex upper (as used on fi’zi:k saddle covers: lighter than leather, very durable, good in wet conditions, breathable and cleans up well).
- Double BOA IP1 closure system (tri-modal: tighten, loosen and complete release)
- Neutral fit to accommodate the majority of foot shapes
- Volume: fully adjustable down to the toe using Double BOA closure system
- Fi’zi:k Cycling Insole
- Weight: 227g (size 42.5)